Installing Rover IDX
- Go to Plugins >> Add New
- Press the Upload Plugin button, and choose the Rover zip file on your computer
- Activate the plugin
Setup Rover IDX
- Choose the MLS region from the list. You can choose more than one if required.
- Select the Office from the Office & Agents tab.
- Once the office is selected, you'll see a list of active agents in that office. Just check each agent that should be active on this website. Active agents will show up in the list of "Agent I'm working with" when visitors register on the site.
Add the shortcode
[rover_idx_full_page] to a new or existing page. Rover will generate a complete Search / Results page. Modify the look and feel of this page:
- globally, by adjusting settings in Rover IDX >> Styling.
- within this shortcode only, by adding shortcode parameters to affect style and content . See our comprehensive shortcode help.
Add a search panel to one part of a page using
[rover_idx_search_panel] and you can add a search results section to another part of your page, using
[rover_idx_results_as_map]. The search page automatically binds itself to that results section - as visitors make selections to your search panel, the results section automatically updates.
Each of these components are highly configurable. Set the Global layout of the search panel and the results table in the Styling section of the Rover IDX plugin. Override these global settings on a per-shortcode basis with parameters set in the shortcode itself.
How Do I...
You can control the layout of dynamic pages ( for example: yourdomain.com/sc/anderson/land/0-200000/ ) just like normal pages. See...read more
Many customers want a standard search panel displayed across all their search pages, but a custom search panel - often on the Home page. Example: [rover_idx_full_page search_panel_layout="custom" template_fields="street,mlnumber,beds,baths"] This is what your...read more
We work hard to make sure adding Rover IDX to your Wordpress website is easy. Here is a 52 second video of just how easy it is:read more
To display only single family homes: [rover_idx_full_page prop_types="singlefamily"] You can use additional valid shortcode parameters to more precisely define what you would like displayed. For instance: [rover_idx_full_page prop_types="singlefamily,land"...read more
Many offices and agents want to display their own listings on a dedicated page. This helps to give their listings more visibility. To display all listings for the active office mlsid(s) for this site: [rover_idx_full_page listing_office_mlsid="*"] To display all...read more
Rover performs searches in real-time (immediately) as you change selections on the search panel. So you do not need a Search button when listings or a map are displayed on the same page. As you make changes to the search panel, the map and listings update almost...read more
Listing addresses are geocoded to get the correct latitude and longitude. Sometimes, especially when the address was not correctly input by the agent during the creation of the MLS listing, that geocoding goes awry: Detecting that the geocode didn't quite give us what...read more