Installing Rover IDX
- Go to Plugins >> Add New
- Press the Upload Plugin button, and choose the Rover zip file on your computer
- Activate the plugin
Setup Rover IDX
- Choose the MLS region from the list. You can choose more than one if required.
- Select the Office from the Office & Agents tab.
- Once the office is selected, you'll see a list of active agents in that office. Just check each agent that should be active on this website. Active agents will show up in the list of "Agent I'm working with" when visitors register on the site.
Add the shortcode
[rover_idx_full_page] to a new or existing page. Rover will generate a complete Search / Results page. Modify the look and feel of this page:
- globally, by adjusting settings in Rover IDX >> Styling.
- within this shortcode only, by adding shortcode parameters to affect style and content . See our comprehensive shortcode help.
Add a search panel to one part of a page using
[rover_idx_search_panel] and you can add a search results section to another part of your page, using
[rover_idx_results_as_map]. The search page automatically binds itself to that results section - as visitors make selections to your search panel, the results section automatically updates.
Each of these components are highly configurable. Set the Global layout of the search panel and the results table in the Styling section of the Rover IDX plugin. Override these global settings on a per-shortcode basis with parameters set in the shortcode itself.